Being the difference you want to make.

Error message

• Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /home1/edact/public_html/snds/blog/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in menu_set_active_trail() (line 2394 of /home1/edact/public_html/snds/blog/includes/menu.inc).

"Getting up early for my teaching internship and being at my best gave me a sense of responsibility... Teaching is my calling and I feel I should be in a classroom all the time, doing something related to that...My family does not have a lot of money. My parent always valued education. I would not be here if I didn't have great teachers pushing me and encouraging me... My favorite part in volunteering was working one on one with Konstantinos. He becomes very distracted in class and benefits from individual attention. He reminds me of myself when I was young and I wasn’t focusing…Teaching math in this environment took me into a real situation, which I liked. I wanted to expand and I did get the opportunity to do that…”

Martin Gamboa, one of the 184 U.S. students studying at ACT during the Fall 2013 term, spent three hours a week in the west school district of Thessaloniki, where he volunteered as a teacher's assistant in a special education class at the elementary level. Martin is pursuing a degree in Secondary School Education at Boston College. Teachers and school kids in the 3rd Public Elementary School of Stavroupoli will remember him for teaching them breakdancing figures and basketball turns during recess and most impressively for jumping over the head of one of their teachers who was standing upright. Spyros, the cab driver that often drove Martin and Anna Cho- also from B.C., to their service site, remembers him for his incredible ability to pick up the language and converse comfortably in Greek in his short three month stay.

Categories: